A Great Yarn will be leading a Knitting Tour to Ireland this fall. The Knitting Tour will consist of 9 days and 8 nights in Ireland. It will commence on Sunday, September 29th (when everyone lands in Limerick), and conclude on Monday, October 7th (when everyone departs from Dublin).
- Day 1 – Arrive in Limerick (at Shannon Airport) and travel north to Galway City. Along the way you’ll enjoy a visit to the Cliffs of Moher and a drive drive through the Burren.
- Day 2 – Visit the Aran Islands. Enjoy a variety of activities, including a knitting workshop
- Day 3 – Wander north to Connemara. Along the way you’ll enjoy shopping, a visit to Cnoc Suain (a “naturalistic” village where you will be immersed in authentic Irish culture), a visit to the falls, and a tour of the Sheep and Wool Museum in Leeann
- Day 4 – Continue on north to Mayo and Donegal. Along the way you’ll enjoy a visit to the National Museum of Country Life in Castlebar, a stop at the Foxford Woolen Mills, a chance to “Sip & Knit” with an Irish Coffee after dinner at Mill Park Hotel in Donegal
- Day 5 – Tour County Donegal. Along the way you’ll visit the Studio Donegal, tour of the mill where two of A Great Yarn’s favorite products — The Fibre Company’s Arranmore and Arranmore Light — are woven, visit to Rossan Knitwear, drive along the beautiful Donegal Coast to Glencolumbkille to visit the Glencolmcille Folk Village
- Day 6 – Travel to Dublin City, by way of Northern Ireland. Along the way you’ll visit to the famous Parian China workshops at Belleek Pottery Center, and visit to the Ulster American Folk Park in Northern Ireland.
- Day 7 – Tour of Dublin City, including visit to the grounds of Trinity College, a viewing of the Book of Kells, participate in a knitting workshop, and enjoy ndividual sight seeing and shopping
- Day 8 – Travel south to Wicklow, past majestic mountains and breathtaking scenic beauty, visit to the Glendalough Woolen Mills, and visit to the Glendalough Visitor Center, a former monastery that was founded by St. Kevin who came to the area in the 6th century
- Day 9 – Depart from Dublin Airport
Accommodations: The Ardilaun Hotel, Galway (4 Star), The Mill Park Hotel, Donegal (4 Star) and The Headfort Arms Hotel, Kells, Co. Meath (4 Star)
Meals: Full Irish breakfast daily, Tea/Coffee and homemade scones on the day of arrival. Five 3-course dinners
Guides: A fully qualified driver guide will be provided for the touring motor coach, and a half-day English speaking guide will be provided for the Dublin City Tour
Cost for the Tour: The cost for the Knitting Tour of Ireland is $2,100 per participant. The cost assumes double occupancy for hotel rooms. A limited number of single rooms will be available at each hotel. Participants wishing single room occupancy will be required to pay a $400 surcharge. The cost assumes a minimum of 15 participants. If the Tour involves less than 15 participants a modest surcharge will be required. A $500 deposit will be required by May 1 to hold a place on the Knitting Tour of Ireland. Checks can be made out to Specialized Travel Services, and provided to A Great Yarn.
Airfare: The cost does not include airfare, since in the travel agency’s experience many participants prefer to use frequent flier miles to defer the cost of their airfare, or to use competing internet services to come up with lower fares.
If you would like to come with us to Ireland please send us an email at email@example.com call us a 508-348-5605.